The State Bank of India conducts the SBI SO exam. To recruit officers in different specialized categories. SBI facilitates the application for the recruitment of a Special Officer (SO). as per vacancies in designated departments. mostly, the recruitment is conducted for manager posts. However, notifications are released for senior-level posts also. Currently, recruitment for several posts is still on. The recruitment process is of two types. Therefore, through online exams or via interviews. But, often recruitment is done by shortlisting candidates followed by personal interviews.
The State Bank of India conducts the SBI SO exam to select officers in various specialist categories. It welcomes applications for expert officer (SO) recruitment as per vacancies in other departments.
SBI SO Recruitment Process
Mostly, recruitment is done for managerial positions. Notifications for senior-level recruiting, on the other hand, are being issued. Recruitment is now underway for several functions.
In most circumstances, recruiting is in two phases: a private discussion follows an online exam and a personal interview; however, in some cases, shortlisting of candidates.
It was founded on July 1, 1955.
SBI SO Important points
The State Bank of India is a public sector banking and financial services statutory body in India.
Completes banking activities for Central and State Government
SBI completes the recruitment process for Specialist Officer in two phases.
Online written Test, which has multiple-choice questions, Therefore, divided into two parts.
(I) General Aptitude Test
(II) Professional Knowledge Test
General Aptitude Test is only a qualifying test, whereas who will give professional Knowledge Test marks weightage in the final selection.
The successful candidates who cleared the Written Test will be called for an interview. The final selection will be made on an overall score of the Written Test and interview. The average weight consists of 70% of the written Test and 30% to interview.
SBI SO Notifications/News
The State Bank of India (SBI) has issued an official SO Recruitment 2021 Notification for the recruitment of Specialist Officers. A total of 82 job openings have been posted for positions such as Manager (Risk Management), Manager (Credit Analyst), and others. Candidates must review all of the job posting details and download the notification pdf.
The State Bank of India announced the SBI SO recruitment notification for 2021 on Aug. 12th, 2021. The registration process for various specialized category officers has begun on a contractual and regular basis as of the same date. Registration and fee payment will be available online from Aug. 13th, 2021.
21 May 2022
SBI has released recruitment notifications for multiple posts under SO category,
2) Starting of On-line Registration Process
21 May 2022 to 12 Jun 2022
SBI SO Application begins on 21 May 2022 the last date of application is June 12, 2022.
3) Online test for Manager and Deputy Manager (Marketing)
The online written test date will conduct across various cities spread throughout the country.
4) Notification for Manager Deputy Examination (Marketing) Result
SBI SO notification was released for Manager and Deputy Manager (Marketing) posts
5) Final Result for Deputy Manager (Agri Spl)
SBI SO 2021 final result has been announced for Deputy Manager (Agri Spl).
6) Provisional Allotment of Banks
Yet to Announce
7) Application Form
SBI SO Exam Dates
SBI has announced the exam dates for various Specialist Officer positions.
Along with the notification, the SO exam 2021 was released. We have updated all of the important dates for SBI SO recruitment as announced by the SBI authorities below. You can now plan your preparation accordingly to produce the best results.
Application Fee for SBI SO
Those in the General and OBC categories must pay a Rs 750 application fee, while candidates in the SC/ST/PWD categories do not pay anything.
The fee structure for all categories is given below.
2) For all others
SBI-SO Eligibility Criteria
Before filling out the application form, candidates should confirm their eligibility for SO 2021. Only candidates who meet the Eligibility Criteria are allowed to seek the SBI SO exam. However, Aspirants must meet the requirements in terms of age, nationality, and all other categories.
The applicant’s minimum age ranges from 21 to 30 years old, That is, depending on the position.
a) Assistant Manager-30 years
b) Deputy Manager, Relationship Manager (OMP) and Product Manger-25 to 35 years.
c) Circle Defence Banking Advisor- 60 years
d) Manager (Marketing)- 40 years
e) Deputy Manager (Marketing)- 35 years.
An applicant’s maximum age range is between 62 and 66 years old.
1. Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
2. The exam is not open to OCIs or NRIs.
SBI SO Selection Procedure
1. Assistant Manager (Civil and Electrical): The selection of candidates will be on basis of an online written test and Interview.
2. Assistant Manager (Marketing & Communication) and Circle Defence Banking Advisor: The selection will be based on shortlisting and interview
3. Deputy Manager, Relationship Manager (OMP) and Product Manager: The selection will be based on initial shortlisting and interview
4. Manager & Deputy Manager (Marketing): Candidates will be selected based on online exams and interviews. In case, the number of applications is less but, candidates will be selected based on shortlisting and interviews.
The minimum required educational qualification for SBI SO exam is listed here:
SBI SO Posts
1. Deputy Manager (Security) (Backlog)
Graduation in any stream
2. Deputy Manager (Security) (Current)
Post Graduate Management degree or MBA/ PGDM and So, full time BE/ B Tech in Electronics/ Electronics/ Information Technology/ Computer/ Computer Science & Communication/ Electrical & Electronics or a combination of these streams.
3. MANAGER (RETAIL PRODUCTS), Senior Consultant, Data Trainer, Analyst, Assistant General Manager (Enterprise & Technology Architecture), Data Translator
B.E. / B. Tech in Information Technology/ Computer Science MCA from a recognized and approved University/Institution.
4. Post-Doctoral Fellowship
PhD in Banking/Finance/IT/Economics related to BFSI sector.
B. Tech/ M Tech in Computer Science/ IT/ Machine Learning. That is, AI/ Data Science (Minimum 60% marks compulsory)
7. Risk Specialist
MBA/PGDM, Chartered Accountant (CA) or CFA, (Finance/ Data Analytics/ Business Analytics) or its equivalent, M.Sc. (Statistics).
8. Deputy Manager (Marketing)
1. The maximum age limit for the exam is 35 years as of July 1, 2021. The educational qualification required for the post is MBA/PGDBM. Or equivalent with specializations in Marketing/Finance. So, the minimum work experience required for this post is two years.2. As an executive in supervisory/management role in the field of marketing of digital. However, in other financial products in a scheduled commercial bank or public sector. listed financial institution/company.
9. Manager (Marketing)
1. The educational qualification required for the post is MBA/PGDBM. or equivalent with specializations in Marketing/Finance. Therefore, The minimum work experience required for this post is five years.2. As an executive in supervisory/management role. In the field of marketing of digital and other financial products in a scheduled commercial bank. Or public sector or listed financial institution/company.
Vacancy For SBI SO 2021
Recently SBI announced vacancies for various posts for which recruitment is going on.
SBI SO is one of the most prestigious and sought-after positions in the banking industry. It is currently the most sought-after position in the financial sector.
SBI SO Grade 1’s minimum pay scale is Rs. 23,700, excluding DA, HRA, and other benefits. The SO Salary varies according to the grade and position. Selected candidates would be paid a salary of Rs. 42,020 to Rs. 51,490 plus various allowances such as DA, HRA, PF, CCA, LFC, Contributory Pension Fund, Medical Facility, and so on under the SBI SO Recruitment 2020.
1. Middle Management Grade Scale III (MMGS III)
2. Middle Management Grade Scale-II (MMGS II)
Besides, the salary candidates will also get DA, HRA, CCA, PF, Contributory Pension Fund, LFC, Medical Facility, other perquisites, etc.
1. Data interpretations based on various arithmetics theories
2. Cloze Tests
2. Arithmetical Reasoning & Classification
2. Boats & Streams
3. Reading comprehension
3. Alphabet Test
4. Sentence correction
4. Data Sufficiency
4. Decimal & Fractions.
5. Fill in the Blanks
5. Clocks & Calendars
5. HCF & LCM
6. Para substitution
6. Passages Deriving Conclusions
6. Data sufficiency
7. Para Jumble
7. Inserting The Missing Character
8. Direction and distance Sense Test
9. Time sequence test
9. Mixtures & Allegations
10. Choosing the appropriate word
10. Analytical reasoning
10. Compound Interest
11. Spelling check
11. Cause and effect Input and output arrangements
11. Time, Speed and Distance
12. Idioms & Phrases
12. Coded inequalities
12. Profit and Loss
13. Completion of a Sentence.
13. Seating arrangements
13. Permutation and Combination
14. One-word substitution
14. Decision making
15. Sentence arrangements
15. Logical Sequence of Words
15. Interpretation of Data and sufficiency (will include Line graphs, Pie charts, Data table, Bar Graphs, , Mixed graphs, case study etc.)
16. Subject-Verb Agreement
16. Logical Venn Diagrams
16. Permutation & Combination
17. Statement – Conclusions
17. Problems on Ages
18. Theme detection
18. Theme Detection, Alphabet numbers
18. Problems on Trains
19. Voice change
19. Series Test, Syllogism
21. Direct and indirect sentences
21. Time and Work
22. Statement and assumptions
22. Volume & Surface
23. Odd one out Number
24. Passage and conclusion test
24. Number system and simplification
25. Blood Relations
25. Unitary Method
26. Course of action
26. Problem-based on numbers27.
27. Ration and Proportion
28. Assertion and reason Statement and course of action
SBI SO Exam Pattern
1. Mode of the exam
Computer-based (online) exam
2. Total Number of Papers
Total 4 (3 for Deputy Manager Post)
4. Questions Types
Objective type – Multiple Choice Questions
5. Total Questions
How to apply for SBI SO?
The application form is available on SBI Website. The steps to fill SBI SO application form are explained below. The application can be filled only by online method.
Open the registration page for SBI SO Exam
1. Visit the official website of SBI.
2. Click the link ‘New Registration’ on the home page of the SBI Career
3. Enter name, phone number, email id, and security code
4. Upon successful registration, a provisional number and password get generated.
5. The provisional registration number and password are also sent to the registered email ID and password.
Upload Photo and Signature
1. Post-registration, candidates need to upload the photograph, signature, and left thumb impression.
2. If the signature is in bold letters then, it will not be accepted.
3. The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged.
Step 3: Fill the detailed application form
In this part, candidates need to fill in the category, nationality, personal information, select exam centres, date of birth, gender, father’s name or mother’s name, address, etc.
Educational Qualification, Work Experience & Languages:
Here, candidates need to enter details of their graduation such as year of passing, college, percentage of marks, grade (if any).
They are also required to enter their work experience. Candidates are also required to enter the languages they can read, write and speak.
Candidates need to enter the preferences of banks where they wish to work upon selection. SC/ST/Minority candidates can opt for pre-exam training in this part.
Step 4: Preview of SBI SO application form
Candidates must preview the application form before the final submission. Then, they can edit the details entered in the application form while validating the same. So that, once this is complete, candidates need to agree to the terms and conditions and submit their applications.
SBI SO fee payment
1. The payment gateway is linked to the application form.
2. Candidates need to follow the steps below for making payment.
3. Candidates can choose any of the methods to make the payment Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets, However, you can use other methods by supplying the requested information.
4. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
5. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form containing fee payment details.
Things to keep handy while applying for SBI SO
1. Scanned photograph and signature
2. Left thumb impression
3. Bank details to pay the application fees
4. Marksheet of graduation to enter educational details
5. Valid email ID and contact number
SBI SO Candidate Selection Process
The SBI SO candidates’ selection is based on the post available. The overall selection process used by SBI to hire Specialist officers is outlined below.
Shortlisting and interviews will use to make the final decision. A candidate’s right to be summoned for an interview is not likely to meet the minimum qualification and experience requirements. Therefore, the three steps in the SO selection procedure are as follows:
Candidates who clear the online examination can proceed to the next level of the SBI SO examination.
Step 1: Shortlisting
The Bank’s Shortlisting Committee will determine the shortlisting parameters. Following that, a sufficient number of individuals will be shortlisted and invited to an interview and So, as assessed by the Bank.
Step 2: Interview
Candidates who applied for regular and contractual positions and passed the online exam can participate in the Interview.
Step 3: Merit List
Only the interview scores will be used to construct the final selection merit list. But, If more than one candidate meets the normal cut-off score, they will be ordered in order of their age in the merit.
SBI SO Admit Card
Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall unless they have their SBI SO 2021 admit card. The candidate’s name, exam name, roll number, date of birth, and the duration of the entrance exam will all be listed on the admit card. As a result, candidates must carefully review all of the information on the admit card before downloading it.
SBI SO Result
Candidates who intend to take the SBI SO Exam 2021 should be well-versed in the outcomes and implications. We have compiled all of the SBI SO Exam results for the applicants’ convenience on this website. Candidates can read more about Result 2021, download instructions, and the final result in the sections below.
SBI SO Cutoff
SBI SO cut offs are calculated based on the following factors:
1. Number of vacancies
2. Number of test-takers
3. The difficulty level of the exam
SBI SO Cutoff 2021
SBI SO recruitment for 2021 is currently underway and cutoffs. Therefore, different posts will be released by SBI along with the declaration of the SBI SO result. So, let’s have a look at the cutoffs of the previous year and candidates can develop their own insight based on them.
Q.1 What is the probation period for SBI Specialist Officer?
A. Successful candidate needs to spend two years on probation.
Q.2 How many vacancies have been released for SBI Specialist Officer?
A. The total number of vacancies for Specialist Role in SBI is 92 for the year 2020.
Q.3 Is SBI SO exam easy to crack?
A. To crack the SBI SO exam, one must adopt a smart study strategy. Candidates should understand the exam pattern, marks each section consist and time limitation. Candidates who understand all these points will be easily able to crack the exam.
Q.4 How many attempts are there in SBI Specialist Officer Exam?
A. There is no limit to the number of attempts for candidates as long as they are under the maximum age limit. But, it’s applicable for all the categories.
Q.5 Is there an interview in SBI Specialist Officer Exam?
A. Yes, there is an interview round in Specialty Officer Exam. Candidates who successfully clear online tests and score. Therefore, Under the cut-off merit list will appear in the interview.
Q.6 What is the salary of the SBI SO?
A: The salary varies from state to state. The basic starting salary of an SBI SO is Rs 23700 and its increases with experience.
Q.7 Is there any exam for SBI SO?
A. SBI SO exam is conducted by the State Bank of India to recruit officers. It is held‘s in different specialized categories. However, SBI invites applications for specialist officer (SO)recruitment. It will take as per vacancies in different departments.
Q.8 How do I become a bank so?
A. To become a Bank Specialist Officer, candidates should have the following. achieved mastery in any professional language field. In addition, the graduation degree passed with 55% or 50% marks.
Q.9 What is the role of SO in the bank?
A. Specialist Officers (SO) is the banking personnel. The job role is to take care of all background activities in banks. In their respective specialized areas. So, These officers are appointed by banks for very specific roles. So that, they will be taken as per their expertise and educational & professional background.
Q.10 Is SBI SO a good job?
A. As mentioned above, SBI SO is one of the most coveted jobs in the government sector. Given below are some of the perks and allowances of some posts that come under SBI SO exam. For MMGS Grade Scale III. The officials are eligible to avail DA, HRA, CCA, PF, Contributory Pension Fund, LFC, Medical Facility, etc.
Q11. What is so profile?
A. IBPS SO IT Officer: Salary and Job Profile
IT Officers handle software maintenance of Core Banking System (CBS), Data Maintenance, Network Security, Management of Mobile and Internet Banking, Digital Transactions and other technical issues etc. However, many claimed that the Salary structure of IBPS SO IT Officer is as follow.
Q12. What is the job of so?
A. IBPS SO I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
Developing and Modifying Software. Queries related to ATM, Mobile Banking and Internet Banking. Maintenance of the Computer System in the Bank. So that, take care of Network Security, Processing and Antivirus Update.