There are many government jobs and civil services specifically curated for brilliant and devotee people to the nation. Different government jobs like- Indian Foreign Services, Defense services, Scientists and Engineers in ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) and DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization), IAS (Indian Administrative Service), IPS (Indian Police Service), RBI (Reserve Bank of India) grade B officer, PSU (Public Sector Service), Indian Foreign Services, State Service commissions, bank jobs and government medical and paramedical jobs. These are the top 10 rated government jobs known as the most decent jobs in our culture and society. These are also known to be the highest-paid government jobs conducted through civil services exams conducted by GPSC and UPSC board.
IB ACIO Exam, Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer exam is the graduation level, premium exam, and post. One gets an opportunity to work in the intelligence bureau. IB ACIO Exam, Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer post is known as a premium government job. The one who clears the exam can work under the Intelligence Bureau and are posted anywhere in India. The paramount duty done by the Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer is to collect and gather secret information from the targeted sources that might be harmful to the nation. The job is very unpredicted which has a great responsibility to save our country from dangerous and detrimental suspects. The posting is also allotted on the border. Usually, males are given border postings.
About IB ACIO Exam
It is classified as general central service, Group C, known as a non-gazette and nonministerial post with a great opportunity and responsibility. The exam is conducted by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), and the particular process selects the eligible and appropriate candidates. It comes under grade-II services. It is one of the highly salaried posts among all the government services and posts. Earlier it was controlled and conducted by the internal and external intelligence, but now it is bifurcated into two different organization body namely- Intelligence Bureau and Research and Analysis sector.
It is a non-national examination conducted chiefly once a year and for an executive post. It is known to be one of the most reputed and worth joining posts if one is intensely patriotic and is interested in serving the nation. Suppose one feels that an individual is eligible and dedicated. One can try for the post and start doing the preparations. The post comes with post-retirement policies and benefits like the other government jobs too. Special allowances, reservations and the highest payment are given to the center.
IB ACIO Exam Highlights
The major highlights about the exam with general basic information are as below.
- Abbreviation : IB ACIO
- Name of the examination : Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer
- Exam conducting body: Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
- Exam classification: Grade II- Group C- non gazette
The official IB ACIO exam date announced by the exam conducting body is 18 December 2020. Other important exam related dates are mentioned below.
IB ACIO Exam Dates
||Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (IB ACIO)
|Starting date To Apply
|Last Date To Apply
||Written Test, Interview
|Last Date to Pay Online Fee
|Last Date to Pay Offline Fee
|IB ACIO City Allotment Date
|Release of IB ACIO tier 1 Admit Card
|Tier 1 Exam Date
||18, 19 and 20 February 2021
|IB ACIO Tier 1 Answer Key Release Date
|IB ACIO Tier 1 Result Date
|Release IB ACIO Tier 2 Admit Card
|Tier 2 Exam Date
Different Stages of Examination: Three Levels
- Written exam
- Comprehensive level
- Personal interview
- Total approx. vacancies per year: 1400 approx.
- Salary structure of the exam: Variable between INR 9300-INR 34,800
- Reservation categories : SC, ST, OBC and Ex-service person
- Mode of application for the exam: On online basis
General Facts about IB ACIO Exam
Some interesting and important facts and format about the exam are given below.
- There are about approx.—750 joiners in every batch.
- The primary coaching center is located at Shivpuri district, in Madhya Pradesh which includes almost 120 candidates at a timer in a batch.
- The entire training period is distributed into 3 phases-
- 1. Stage 1- at Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh (60 days period)
- 2. Stage 2- at Delhi
- 3. Stage 3- known as ‘on a job’ training period (60 days period)
- Generally, here the female candidates are not posted at the border and Naxal areas.
IB ACIO Application Fee
The fee details are different for the candidates belonging to respective categories. Check it below.
|Male candidates of General/EWS/OBC
|All SC/ST, all female candidates & all Ex-Service men
- The fee deposited is non-refundable.
- Candidates who submit more than one application will be disqualified immediately.
- In case the details entered by the candidates does not match with the documents submitted by them or in case the candidate is found guilty of submitting fake documents, he/she will be disqualified without giving any notice or explanation.
Documents To be Uploaded with Application Form
- Scanned Signature of the candidate
- A recent photograph of the candidate
Both the documents must be submitted in a single file, whose size must be between 50-100 kb.
IB ACIO Eligibility Criteria
These are the following criteria to be fulfilled by the post seeker to be eligible to apply for the post.
- The candidate seeking the post must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate seeking the post must be graduated from a recognized university in India.
- A candidate seeking the post should have basic knowledge and a grasp of computers.
- The age limit of the candidate seeking the post must be between- 18 to 27 years.
- Candidates who fall under the below categories- Relaxation is given to the reservation categories as below-
- Five years of relaxation to the candidate belonging to the SC (scheduled caste) and ST (scheduled tribe) category.
- Three years of relaxation to the candidate belonging to the OBC (other backward class) category.
- Department candidates have been rendered three years of regular and continuous services up to the age relaxation of 40 years.
- In the case of widows, divorced women, women who are judicially separated from their husbands and not remarried come under the general category with the age relaxation of up to 35 years.
IB ACIO Exam Pattern
The examination is conducted by the MHA- Ministry of Health Affairs. The exam is conducted in 3 different stages. All the stages are compulsory to be cleared for the final post. The last interview is a personal call in which the panel mainly decides the posting location and confirmatory. The three stages of the exams are as follows-
- Written exam
- MCQ patter
- Total marks- 100
- Four sections in the paper- general awareness, quantitative aptitude, logical ability and primary English language.
- Real-time for the report- 60 minutes
- Essay writing and comprehensive test.
- Descriptive paper
- Paper divided into two main sections- essay writing and second is complete and precis writing.
- Essay consist of 30 marks
- The extensive and precise script consists of 20 prints.
- Total marks of the exam- 50
- Full time for the exam- 60 minutes
- Final stage
- Stage of personal interview
- Total marks 100
- The setting is the potential for judging the personality of the candidate.
- Judging criteria are intelligence, awareness and knowledge of the candidate.
- Total time of the exam- not defined
IB ACIO Grade 2 Exam Pattern for Tier I
The tier I exam has four sections that are, Qualitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Analytical Ability, and English Language. There are a total of 100 questions, for one mark each, to be completed within 60 minutes.
1: For incorrect answers, the candidates will be penalized with 1/4th marks.
2: To be eligible for the Tier II exam, it is compulsory for the candidates to secure at least 33 marks out of 100.
Exam Pattern for Tier II Phase
- The Tier II exam is a descriptive paper, consisting of comprehension and essay writing. The time allotted to this exam is 1 hour. The total marks is 50.
- Essay writing practices on the topics like cultural diversity or security threats.
- Start practicing for Question Paper-II – Practice to write some Essay on recent topics.
- Allot at least 25 minutes to write paper-II i.e an Essay. Focus on current topics usually questions come from there
- After writing an essay, go through it once, correct it if it requires.
Exam Pattern for Tier III Phase
This is the final stage and best part for any candidature
The Tier III exam of the IB ACIO Grade II is the personal interview round. Here, candidates are judged based on their presentation, intelligence, and personality.
IB ACIO Syllabus
The four main sections are,
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- Around 80% questions of IB ACIO Exam Question Paper-I consists of General Knowledge , General Awareness, General Study, General Science, Geography and Indian Politics.
- IB ACIO Exam is as simple as your school and college exam. Little hard work and Practice and you can easily crack the exam.
- Learn all important GK, GA, GS, History and Science.
- Practice for basic Mathematics like – Average, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest etc.
- Go through the current affairs
IB ACIO Selection Process
The whole examination process is online; only the last exam stage is offline, which is the personal interview. The whole is easy if one follows the proper guidelines and steps. Further given are the basic facts about the selection process for the post.
- The candidate applying for the exam have to compulsory appear for the tier 1 examination.
- The authorized body prescribes minimum cut off of the exams.
- Candidate must be eligible by minimum scoring the cut off marks to get selected into the second round of examination.
- The candidates who are qualified in the tier 1 exam only will be allowed to appear in the tier 2 exam.
- The total performance of tier 1 and tier 2 will be considered for each candidate’s section criteria.
- Based on the overall personal interpretation of each candidate, the merit list is crafted further.
IB ACIO Exam Procedure
The whole application procedure is straightforward into two parts.
- The first part consists of filling the form
- Another part is fee payment
The application form for the candidate is in the online mode.
How to apply for IB ACIO (Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer exam)
- The candidate should visit the official website of the Ministry of Health Affairs.
- Click on the IB ACIO notification button.
- Fill in accurate and authentic details in the application form part 1.
- The second part is the payment part.
- For the general and other backward class categories, the payment fees are 100 INR.
- For the scheduled cast and scheduled tribe category, the payment is exempted.
- Verify and upload the particular documents as guided by the instructions.
- Complete the payment.
How to Apply for IB ACIO?
In case you aspire to appear for the IB ACIO Grade 2 exam, you must fill the application form carefully. The application form will be available between 19th December 2020 to 9th January 2021. Check the steps below to fill your online application form.
Click on the direct link mentioned above.
You must register yourself by filling in all the details like name, email id, mobile number, etc.
A user id and password will be sent to your mail. Login with user id and password.
Now, fill in the details carefully and upload the documents step-by-step as directed.
: After entering all the details, Submit them and proceed with the fee payment process through the payment tab.
Make sure to take a printout of the submitted application form and e-challan.
IB ACIO Admit Card
Candidates have to download IB ACIO Exam Admit Card from the official website. The authority body releases the admit cards separately for tier 1 and tier 2 and further for the interview round. Candidates are further instructed to log in with their unique registration ID number and password and download the admit card.
Details of IB ACIO Exam Admit Card
- The candidate who has filled the online application form made the payment, and fulfilled the eligibility criteria is issued with the tier 1 admit card.
- Only the above candidate is allowed and issued the further admit card for tier 2 and are qualified for the other exams.
- The primary examination candidate who qualifies the tier 2 is issued the admit card for the final interview round.
Steps to Download the Admit Card are as follows
- Go on the official website of the examination.
- Click on the link showing the admit card.
- In the other window, enter the unique registration ID and password.
- Click on the download button on the admit card.
- Take a good printout of the admit card issues.
Importance of IB ACIO Exam Admit Card
- The very essential and crucial document
- No candidate is allowed to appear in the analysis with the admit card.
- The admit card contains detailed information about the exam date and centre, time and personal details of the candidate.
- A handwritten declaration is to be submitted during the application.
- Write the declaration with a black ballpoint pen on clear white paper and make sure your handwriting is recognizable and clear in the scanned image.
- Here is the format of the declaration if you need help with it:
- “I, <your name>, Date of Birth – <your DOB>, hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form are correct, true, and valid. I will present supporting documents as and when required. The signature, photograph, and left thumb impression are mine.”
IB ACIO Salary and Allowances Details
- Approximately about INR 9300- INR 34,800
- Grade pay- about INR 4200
- Allowances in the salary slip for IB ACIO
- House rent allowance
- Dearness allowance
- Overtime allowance
- Transport allowance
- Special pay and deputation
- Children education allowance
- Composite bill compensatory allowance
- Leave travel concessions
IB ACIO Vacancy
Ministry of Health Affairs has announced almost around 2000 vacancies for the post. The category-wise list is as follows.
- General category- 989 vacancies
- Other backward class categories- 417 vacancies
- EWS – 113 vacancies
- Scheduled cast- 360 categories
- Schedules tribe- 121 categories
IB ACIO Result
The IB ACIO exam results for the year 2021 are yet to be announced. The results are usually declared separately for the different stages of the exam on the official site of the Ministry of Health Affairs. The result is generally displayed as per the roll numbers of the candidates who are qualified in the examination. It is said and available in PDF format.
How to Check & Download IB ACIO Exam Result?
- Visit and open the official website of the IB ACIO examination of the Ministry of Health Affairs.
- Click on the result link.
- The development is displayed on the window in PDF format.
- Click on the download button to download the result.
- Take the printout of the result document.
The result of the online written exam on Stage-I is expected to be available within 30 days of the exam. To access the results at each stage, candidates need to log in to their accounts on the website.
While for Stage-I, IB declares a certain cut-off depending on the difficulty level of the question paper and performance of the candidates in a particular year, stages II & III are qualifying in nature, i.e. candidates are either accepted or rejected after the tasks.
On qualifying Stage-III, applicants are selected for training, Once you make it to this stage, you are almost on the job.
IB ACIO Answer Key 2021
The candidates can follow the step-by-step process mentioned below to check the answer key.
Click on the direct link mentioned above.
Fill in the login credentials and click on the submit button.
The answer key will be flashed on your screen.
Go through the answer key and carefully calculate the marks.
Check out other Defense Exams –
- AFCAT Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
- INET Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
- CDS Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
- Indian Coast Guard Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
- NDA Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
- SSB Constable Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
Q.1 When will the official notification for IB ACIO 2021 be released?
Ans. The notice has been released on 18th December 2020.
Q.2 What is the age limit to be eligible for the IB ACIO Grade 2 exam?
Ans. To be eligible for the IB ACIO Grade 2 recruitment, the age limit of the candidates must be within 18 and 27 years.
Q.3 Where is the IB ACIO result published?
Ans. The results are published on the IB official website.
Q.4 What must be the educational qualification of the candidates to be eligible for recruitment?
Ans. The candidates must be graduates from a recognized university with basic knowledge in Computer to be eligible for the selection process.
Q.5 What must be the nationality of the candidates to be eligible for IB ACIO Grade 2 recruitment?
Ans. The candidates must be the citizens of India, to be eligible for recruitment.
Q.6 How can I apply online for the IB ACIO Grade 2 recruitment?
Ans. You can visit the official website.
Q.7 What are the IB ACIO Cutoffs for?
Ans. The official cutoff figures for this year are yet to be determined by the exam authorities.
Q.8 How many phases of recruitment are there in the IB ACIO selection process?
Ans. There are three phases of the recruitment process, Tier I, Tier II followed by the personal interview round.