1. Tell us something about your personal and professional life.
I completed my engineering in the year 2014 in Electrical and Electronics. Since then, I have been working full time for a Software firm. For the past two years, I have been associated with Chegg as a part-time Q&A expert.
2. How did you get to know about Chegg?
I never imagined that my visit to Bangalore would lay the foundation for my journey with Chegg. I visited Bangalore in 2016 to see my friends, and it was then that, one of my friends introduced me to Chegg. He knew that Math was my strength and that Chegg would be an apt platform for me to monetize my skills.
3. How is your overall experience of working with Chegg?
It has been an exciting journey. I love to answer myriad of calculus questions; at the same time, I make some extra bucks. It is also a good feeling when I am appreciated by the students for my answers. One thing that I really love about Chegg is the timely payment. Chegg really values our contribution and makes us feel special.
4. How much time do you spend answering questions on the Chegg Q&A board? Do you set targets for answering a particular number of questions in a day?
I plan to work on the Chegg Q&A Board for 2-3 hours and answer around 7-10 questions. My overall target per month is 300 questions. So far, I have answered around 4,350 questions.
5. How has Chegg helped you in life/Career?
Chegg has made me financially independent and helped me in many ways. I bought an I-pad, I-phone, a camera, all because of Chegg. The earnings from Chegg helps me buy things on my bucket list. I put the income that I earn from Chegg to good use. I fulfilled my dreams like buying expensive gadgets and travelling. Recently, I booked a flat and I am planning to pay the EMIs by chegging.
7. How do you make sure that you provide quality answers? Would you like to suggest something to your fellow expert answerers?
I believe that one should never be in a hurry while answering the questions and make sure to double-check the answers.
Answer the question only if you know the complete solution to the questions posed by the student. Else, skip the question and let other experts take up. We shouldn’t deviate from our objective of providing quality answers.
8. Do you enjoy working with Chegg?
Yes, I am completely satisfied. Post working for 9 tiresome hours at office, I fee active and all excited to work on Chegg Q&A board. It’s my routine and I i enjoy it thoroughly or a lot.
9. How likely would you recommend your friend/ relative to join Chegg as an Expert Answerer (EA)?
I recommend everyone to join Chegg. It’s the best platform to utilize our subject skills, learn something new every day, and thus fulfilling our dreams.
10. How was your experience at the Expert Meet Conducted in Delhi? What is your biggest takeaway from the Expert Meet?
Expert Meet is one of those things that I really love about Chegg. Chegg cares for its experts and treats them as their full-time employees. Recognition, warmth, acceptance and motivation is what you get to witness at the Expert Meets. It shows Chegg’s reverence to its experts. I love the concept. There’s so much to learn from fellow experts.
When I see experts solving 15-15000 of questions a year, it boosts my motivation level. I would love to break the record set and reach the benchmark laid by other experts. I am gearing up for that in the coming semester.