LATEST UPDATES ON DU JAT SYLLABUS
- The applicants can download the previous year available on NTA’s website.
- Mocks are available. Students can prepare from mock series as well.
DU JAT SYLLABUS ANALYSIS
It is not difficult to pass the DU JAT 2021 exam if students are well-versed in the syllabus and relevant themes. Candidates should review the following crucial topics.
Quantitative Ability –
- There are 25 questions in this area.
- The questions have a medium level of difficulty.
- This section tests maths skills.
- In order to improve quants skills, candidates must practice daily.
Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- There will be 25 questions in this area as well.
- Strong analytical and logical skills help the candidates to score well.
- In order to perform well, applicants must practice daily.
- Simple questions will be there.
- There will be 25 questions.
- Reading is a crucial skill that students need to master in order to perform well in this section.
- Students that read more often will be more successful on this test.
Business and General Awareness –
- This section has a low difficulty level.
- This section tests General knowledge.
- There are 25 questions in this section.
- Modern math.
- Arithmetic problems.
- No. Systems
|Reasoning And Analytical Ability
- Verbal reasoning.
- Nonverbal reasoning.
- Analytical reasoning.
|Business And General Awareness
- Current affairs.
- Business economics affairs.
- General knowledge.
- Reading comprehension.
- Verbal ability.
The syllabus for DU JAT 2021 is set by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The applicants can go through the syllabus in order to get an idea of the questions.
DU JAT SYLLABUS SECTION-WISE
- Set theory.
- Sequence & Series.
- Permutation & Combination.
- Basics of Geometry.
- Coordinate Geometry
- Algebraic Operations.
- Linear Equations.
- Quadratic Equations.
- Graphs & Curves.
- Profit Loss & Discount.
- Time Work & Wages.
- Boats & Streams.
- Base System
- HCF & LCM.
- Rational and irrational numbers
Reasoning And Analytical Ability
- Blood Relations
- Syllogism, Venn Diagram.
- Clocks & Calendar.
- Assertion Reason.
- Statement & Assumption.
- Mirror Images.
- Paper Folding.
- Forming figures and analysis.
Business And General Awareness
- National Affairs.
- International Affairs.
- Books & Authors.
- Govt. Schemes and Plans.
|Business And Economic Affairs
- Current Banking Awareness.
- Banking Terminology.
- Business Awareness.
- RBI and its Monetary Policy.
- Arts & Culture.
- Important Dates.
- National Parks.
- Synonym & Antonym.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- One Word Substitution.
- Odd one out.
- Spelling Errors.
- Active – Passive.
- Direct & Indirect Speech.
- Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Para jumbles.
- Error Spotting.
- Paragraph completion.
Here are some books that applicants can use to cover DU JAT Syllabus.
- R.S. Aggarwal – Maths Class XI and XII.
- Arun Sharma’s quantitative aptitude book.
|Reasoning And Analytical Ability
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Aptitude book by R.S. Aggarwal.
|Business And General Awareness
- High School Grammar & Composition.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
DU JAT EXAM PATTERN
- The exam will be in online mode.
- It will consist of objective-type MCQ questions.
- A total of four sections will be present in the test.
- The DU JAT exam is conducted online or on a computer.
Also Read: DU JAT Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
DU JAT MARKING SCHEME
- Total questions in DU JAT 2021 will be 100.
- Applicants will have two hours to finish them.
- Each portion has 25 questions.
- The DU JAT paper will only be conducted in English medium.
The marking scheme of the exam is as follows:-
|Each Right answer
|Each wrong answer
Note – Each section has 25 questions.
- Quantitative Ability – Geometry and time work questions usually come from this section.
- Reasoning And Analytical Ability – series and arrangements hold more value here.
- General English – The important subtopics are synonyms, idioms, and phrasal.
- Business And General Awareness – static GK is important here.
DU JAT Difficulty level Analysis
It varies from one year to the next. To give you an indication of how challenging the exam is, it is moderate. If the level of difficulty is high, then it will be for all. As a result, the cut-offs might change. If it’s simple, the cut-offs will be less. Don’t be concerned about the level of difficulty; instead, ensure that your concepts are clear. Be confident and perform well.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR DU JAT EXAM
- Review the Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
- Take a few Mock tests/previous exam papers.
- Figure out which topics you excel at and which you struggle with.
- First and foremost, set aside at least 2-3 hours per day for preparation.
- Divide your time according to your skillset.
Tips for DU JAT preparation
- Clear concept.
- Have conceptual clarity using books and study materials.
- Follow the Exam format and syllabus.
- Work on your weak areas on a regular basis.
- Complete as many Mocks as feasible.
Tips for DU JAT syllabus revision
- Make a list of the key mathematical formulas and concepts. A day before the admission exam, revise them again.
- Students can make a notebook of the most recent news (Important events, national prize winners, companies and their products, etc.)
- Before taking the entrance exam, candidates should at least practice 10-12 previous year’s exams or mock tests.
- Students must review their vocabulary on a daily basis to ensure that it is up to date.
How to attempt the DU JAT 2021 exam?
The more questions you can confidently answer, the better. However, as you pass the 80-questions, you should be more careful and cautious. Avoid getting too many wrong answers. In this manner, you will have fewer negative marks. Even if your 12th-grade performance isn’t great, don’t put unnecessary pressure on yourself to attempt extra questions and risk being penalized. Make sure your preparation is up to standard and that you are confident in your ability to execute.
Things to Take Care Of During DU JAT 2021 Preparation
- Do not give the exam without first practising mock exams.
- Not only look at previous years but also practice from them daily.
- Revise, Don’t just mumble.
- Create a copy of the most relevant formulas and concepts.
- The English section should not be taken lightly by candidates.
- Don’t cram the syllabus, instead understand and revise it thoroughly.
- Students should not attempt fake tests without a time constraint in place.
DU JAT 2021 Important Instructions
- The applicants should devise a good strategy for taking the exam.
- Don’t mark the answer randomly.
- Manage your precious time effectively.
- Bring your admission card with you to the exam centre.
- Reach the exam centre half an hour before the exam begins in order to avoid the hassle.
DU JAT EXAM GUIDELINES
- Carry your DU JAT 2021 admit card at the exam hall.
- Arrive at least an hour before the reporting time at the DU JAT exam centre.
- Don’t take electronic devices such as calculators, cell phones in the exam hall.
- Fill in the blanks on the invigilator’s sheet with your rough work.
- Do not leave the exam room before the examination is over.
- Keep a personal transparent water bottle and hand sanitiser.
- Maintain social distance rules.
- Wear a mask throughout the exam.
Check out other similar exams
CAT Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
MAT Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
CUCET Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
OJEE Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
Q1. Will there be any negative marking?
A. Yes, there will be a deduction of one mark for each wrong answer.
Q2. Is it tough to cover the DU JAT Syllabus?
A. The exam requires constant dedication and practice. With proper preparation, one can easily cover the DU JAT Syllabus.
Q3. How much preparation is required for the DU JAT 2021 exam?
A. It is necessary to study for at least three months in advance of the exam. The student should dedicate at least four to five hours each day in order to have a good result.
Q4. Do we need to take coaching for the DU JAT 2021?
A. No, coaching is not necessary unless something goes wrong. All you need to do is self-study to prepare for the DU JAT exam.
Q5. Which section in the DU JAT Syllabus has the highest weightage?
A. There are four sections in the DU JAT Syllabus. Each section has equal weightage. All four sections will have 25 questions carrying 4 marks for each.
Q6. How can I prepare for GK and Business affairs section?
A. GK’s preparation isn’t standardized in any way. Aspirants should stay up to date on current events. In order to get good marks in this section, students must develop news reading habit.
A large part of the questions is usually from static GK. Applicants should consult a magazine or book.
Q7. What is the marking scheme of the exam?
A. Usually four marks are given for each right answer, but for each wrong answer, there is a negative mark. If you give the wrong answer, there is a minus mark. If you skip a question, there is no mark.
Q8. What is the duration of the exam?
A. The duration of the exam is 120 minutes and the students must complete the exam in the same duration.