About VIT (in VITEEE)
The Vellore Institute of Technology conducts the VITEEE. Before jumping into the details about the exam let’s know about the college a bit. So, now we will discuss a few background details about the said institute. Vellore Insititute Of Technology is self-financing because it is a private educational institution. Furthermore, the institute came into being in 1984, and Dr. G. Viswanathan is its current Vice-Chancellor.
Besides, this institute conducts the VITEEE exams at a national level. So, candidates across the country apply for this exam. Moreover, VIT conducts this exam mainly for engineering courses. A few streams are B.Tech in Civil Engineering; B.tech in Computer Science and Engineering; Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, etc.
||Vellore Institute of Technology
|Entrance Exam Name
||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination
|Mode of Exam
VITEEE Exam date and notification
In this section, we will talk about the exam dates and notifications available on the VIT website for the year 2022. Thus, candidates can also get an idea of what is the pattern of the VITEEE exam events.
The first step in the VITEEE exam is the filling and submission of application forms. In one of the notifications for this exam, VIT informed the students about its dates. Candidates could fill this application form starting from 2nd Dec 2021, for the year 2022. Usually, this period is not so long, but due to COVID, the exam was postponed so the dates were extended.
The next step is a correction in application forms. Just to be sure about the provided details, candidates get an option to check their application form details. Further, candidates could correct their forms and submit them again. VIT asked the candidates to correct this in May. Candidates could do it after the availability of the link on VIT’s official website.
Furthermore, once the exams are over, VIT declares the VITEEE results within few days. Candidates can check their results on their official website, vit.ac.in. Moreover, previous year’s result was available on June 12, 2021, this year’s result is expected on 08th July, 2022. However, the counseling process only takes place once VIT declares the VITEEE results. Previous year’s counseling process began in July 2021 and in this year it is expected on 3rd week of July 2022.
Highlights of VITEEE exam date and notifications
|Application form (starting date)
||2nd December 2021
|Application form (last date)
||30th May 2022
|Availability of Admit Card
||To be notified
||30th June – 06th July 2022
||08th July, 2022
||3rd week of July 2022 (tentative)
Find more about the VITEEE exam date
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria
VITEEE eligibility criteria consist of four factors. These four factors are discussed below. VIT will soon release the eligibility criteria for the 2022 session. However, for a candidate to become eligible, candidates must consider the following factors. These include nationality, age qualifying exam details, lastly, marks in the qualifying exam.
- Nationality: The first factor is the nationality of the candidate. Candidates who are Indian Nationals are eligible for this exam. Apart from that NRI candidates are also eligible and can apply for the VITEEE exam. Moreover, international candidates can apply in the foreign category and are also eligible.
- Age: The second factor is the age of the candidate applying for the exam. Candidates who are born on or after July 1, 2000, VIT considers them eligible for this exam.
- Qualifying exam details: This factor talks about the previous exam qualification. candidates must have qualified their 12th from any state board, CBSE or ICSE. All the candidates qualifying from these boards are eligible. Moreover, any candidate with an intermediate pre-university two-year degree is also eligible. However, this should be from a recognized board. Furthermore, for foreign candidates, VIT sets some different criteria. As one of the criteria is to get a General Education Certificate (GCE) at advanced A level.
- Qualifying exam marks: Candidates who apply for this exam must score more than 60% aggregately in biology, chemistry, physics, and maths. However, only the candidates from J&K and different categories must have a minimum of 50% in the qualifying exam (Class 12th exam).
VITEEE eligibility criteria for NRI and foreign candidates
- Eligibility criteria for NRI candidates: Firstly, any NRI candidate who wishes to apply for this exam must have English in their qualifying exam. Also, during their school, they must have biology, chemistry, maths, and physics as their compulsory subjects. Lastly, candidates must score a minimum of 60% in their qualifying exam.
- Eligibility criteria for Foreign candidates: This criterion is a bit different from the criteria for NRI candidates. Only one thing here is similar i.e., the minimum percentage. However, candidates have the requirement of completing their education from an English medium school. Apart from that candidates must have three subjects like physics, biology, or, maths as their mandatory subjects. However, they can take other subjects as their optional papers.
VITEEE Application Form
Candidates can download and fill up VITEEE application form from VIT’s official website. Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps to fill up VITEEE application form.
How to fill the VITEEE application form?
Filling the VITEEE application form involves certain steps. These are
- Registration: Firstly, candidates must fill in all the asked details. After filling in some details, candidates will receive a password on their email IDs and phone numbers. Moreover, candidates will receive all exam updates on the registered details.
- Password confirmation: Once the registration process is complete, candidates must log in to their accounts and confirm their passwords.
- Filling application forms: Here comes the main step of this process. After confirming all the details, candidates shall start to fill in the application forms. Later, an application form will appear in name of the candidate. Candidates must keep that number with them for any future reference.
- Application Fee: Once the candidates fill in the application form, they must start the process of fee payment. Candidates must pay a fee of Rs. 1100 (general category). Here the payment mode is online and candidates can use credit/debit/net banking for this purpose. however, the foreign candidates have to pay $50 using a credit card.
- Uploading photo and signature: candidates must upload their passport size photograph and a signature of the following requirement.
||10 to 200 Kb
||10 to 200Kb
Finally, after following these steps candidates can submit their VITEEE application form. Moreover, this was all about the online process. candidates can also, fill in their forms in offline mode and pay the application fee via e-challan. However, they must pay a fee of Rs.1200. Also, the application forms for 2022 were available on the website
VITEEE Exam Pattern
There is a new introduction in VITEEE exam pattern. The VITEEE exam pattern now includes the aptitude section as well. The weightage of this section is 10 marks. However, VIT reduced questions in Physics and Chemistry sections. Now they only carry marks 35 marks each. Earlier, it used to carry 40 marks. Furthermore, other papers of this exam include biology and maths. These are of 40 marks each. However, English is the only section that constitutes 5 marks. Therefore, this exam is in a total of 125 marks. Also, the total number of questions is 125.
Moreover, the questions in this exam are multiple-choice or we can say that they are objective type. Also, the exam is for two and a half hours that means 150 minutes. Besides, each question is only of one mark and there is no negative marking in the VITEEE exam.
The VITEEE syllabus 2022 is no official changes. The syllabus remains the same each year. Also, the syllabus for VITEEE 2022 will be available on VIT’s official website. Moreover, in this section, we will talk about its syllabus subject-wise and topics-wise.
Besides, the syllabus consists of five subjects. These include biology, chemistry, English, maths, and physics. Furthermore, candidates can start preparing much before the VITEEE exam only if the candidates are aware of the syllabus topics. Now we will discuss the syllabus of these subjects in a detailed manner.
VITEEE Syllabus for physics:
VITEEE syllabus for physics includes a total of 10 units. These units have a variety of topics. Some of the chapters and their relative topics are available here:
- Our first unit is Laws of Motion. This chapter includes topics related to Static and kinetic friction. Moreover, topics like the law of conservation, Conservative forces, Kinetic energy, etc., are also part of the syllabus.
- The next unit is Properties of Matter. The syllabus includes most of the topics about the matter and its elastic behavior. Moreover, some other syllabus topics cover Hooke’s law, Qualitative ideas of Blackbody radiation, Bernoulli’s theorem, etc.
- Another unit is about Electrostatics. This unit includes topics like Electric potential, Electric flux, Capacitors, etc.
VITEEE Syllabus for Chemistry
Similar to the VITEEE syllabus for physics, this subject also includes ten units. We will now mention some of the topics of this subject.
- One of the units is Organic Nitrogen Compounds. This unit contains topics about carbohydrates, amino acids, lipids, aliphatic nitriles, aromatic amines, etc.
- The second one is Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives. Moreover, some other syllabus topics cover Lactic acid, Aromatic acids, Preparation of acetamide, Monohydroxy monocarboxylic acids, etc.
- Unit three is about Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry. It includes topics like Terminology in coordination chemistry, Theories on coordination compounds, Bioinorganic compounds, etc. Moreover, there are some other topics in Chemistry part B which include Ionic crystals, X-Ray diffraction, imperfections in solids, etc.
VITEEE Syllabus for English
The VITEEE syllabus for English is only for five marks. Also, this section is objective type in nature. Moreover, the topics include passage, pronunciation, and English grammar. Furthermore, all these topics are of 10+2 level. Apart from this, another topic in the English syllabus is a line of poems
VITEEE Syllabus for Aptitude
The topics in the VITEEE syllabus for aptitude are given in the table below
|Clocks, Calendars, and Directions
|Number Series, Coding and Decoding
VITEEE Admit Card
VIT always releases the VITEEE admit card on its official website. Once the registration process is over, VIT releases the admit card for the VITEEE exam soon after that. Moreover, VIT provides its candidates with a download link. for this purpose, candidates must remember their login credentials. However, these admit cards are only for the candidates who are eligible to give this exam.
Besides, the VITEEE admit card contains information about the exam and the respective candidate. Moreover, these details include exam roll number, registration number, venue, etc. Further, the candidates can download admit cards on any working mobile device/ laptop/ computer.
|VITEEE Slot Booking
||To be notified
||To be notified
||30th June – 06th July 2022
How to download VITEEE admit card?
VIT will release the VITEEE admit cards for all applicants after booking their slots. But, the admit cards will only be available for eligible candidates. As many links are available on the internet, thus here are some steps to make this process easier.
- The first step that candidates must follow is to visit their official website.
- The second step is to find the slot booking link.
- Then in the next step, candidates must be to enter their login credentials. Moreover, these include application numbers and passwords. Also, enter the security code which appears on the screen.
- Furthermore, candidates should start with booking their slots, also enter required details like exam date, slot time, test center, etc.
- Later, after filling in all the details, candidates must search the admit card link.
- Once the VITEEE admit card link is available, candidates can thus download their VITEEE admit card.
- Lastly, they can print it out for their future references.
VITEEE Admit card main points
Here are the basic details stated on the VITEEE admit card:
- Firstly, entry depends upon admit cards.
- Another instruction is to write the correct roll number as printed on the admit card.
- Moreover, the candidates have to reach exam centers earlier than the specified time.
- Lastly, candidates cannot carry any devices with them.
Following are the documents candidates must carry:
- The first and most essential is the VITEEE admit card.
- Also, the candidates must carry identity proof like an Aadhar card, voter ID card, passport, driving license, or PAN card.
- Moreover, candidates must carry their 12th class admit cards. However, a photo must be attached to it.
- Lastly, candidates can also carry any ID proof of their schools.
Details on VITEEE admit card
Admit cards are a must for candidates to enter any exam center. Therefore, candidates must carry it with themselves. Moreover, there are some important details available on the VITEEE admit cards. Here are some details:
- Firstly, the VITEEE roll number.
- Secondly, there is the candidate’s name.
- Thirdly, exam center details.
- Then, the VITEEE hall ticket number is also present there.
- Also, the candidate’s application number is available.
- Next comes the name of the exam venue.
- The date of the exam and its timing are also present on the admit cards.
- Furthermore, candidates photograph and signature is also there.
- Lastly, VITEEE exam instructions are there on the admit card.
|VITEEE Admit card details in Tabular form
|VITEEE Roll Number
||Exam date and timing
|VITEEE application number
||Hall ticket number
Find more about VITEEE admit card
VITEEE 2022 Result
VIT will release the VITEEE result for session 2022 on their official website. Given this, the candidates can visit the following website; vit.ac.in. To obtain these details, candidates must remember their login credentials. Also, the scores will be available in a rank-wise manner.
However, the VITEEE result will only be available in online mode. Furthermore, candidates can download these results for any future reference. Such options are also available there. Besides, VIT will only call the qualified candidates for the counseling session.
Moreover, candidates can check this year’s results via the VITEEE scorecard after the completion of 2022 exam. Also, the candidates can get information about the ranks there. Furthermore, VIT will offer admission only to qualified candidates in their four campuses. These are located in Amaravati, Bhopal, Chennai, and Vellore.
How to check the VITEEE result?
As we are now on the result checking step. This is kind of critical. Most candidates suffer in finding the correct link to check their results. The reason being the availability of hundreds of links. However, the below-given steps will guide the candidates properly on how they can check the VITEEE results.
- The first step is to visit the VIT’s official website.
- In the second step, candidates have to search for the result link. It will be available somewhere on the home page of the website.
- After finding the link, candidates in the third step must log in to their accounts. For this purpose, they must provide their application numbers and passwords.
- Then in the next step, they can click on the “Submit” button. After some time, the results will pop on the screen.
- Furthermore, candidates can now download the VITEEE results.
- Lastly, they can take its print-out for any future reference.
Find more about VITEEE exam result
VITEEE Cut-off : How to calculate the marks?
Once the VITEEE results are announced, next in place are the cut-off marks. The first question that here arises is; what are these cut-off marks? We can say that cut-off marks are the ranks of the candidates in the said exam. Here we are talking about the VITEEE cut-off marks. Based on these marks, VIT offers admission to candidates on their campuses. Moreover, only those candidates are suited for admissions who get more than the cut-off marks.
As we have cleared the concept of these cut-off marks, now we will talk about its calculation. Candidates must have a clear idea of VITEEE results or cut-off calculations. for this purpose here are some steps to calculate the cut-off marks.
Step-wise calculation of VITEEE cut-off marks
- In the calculation of VITEEE results/cut-off marks, VIT uses certain calculations. And to calculate the rank, VIT uses an equation method.
- So, what happens here is that calculations are based on their percentile. Also, VIT considers the same rank for the applicants scoring equal percentage in various streams.
- Then, comes the next step, where VIT appoints a panel. The main purpose of this panel is to set the cut-off marks.
- Furthermore, the cut-off marks are decided based on the total number of received applications for the VITEEE exam. However, the calculation involves some other criteria too.
- The calculation also depends on the availability of seats and the number of appearing candidates in this exam.
- Lastly, this panel also considers the average performance of these candidates to calculate the VITEEE cut-off marks.
Check out other similar exams
BCECE Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
KEAM Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
AP EAMCET Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
OUAT Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q.1 Is JEE required for VITEEE 2022?
Ans. VITEEE is an entrance exam which is to be taken for admission into engineering programs in VIT. JEE Main/Advanced scores are not accepted for admission into VIT B. Tech. programs.
Q.2 What is the VITEEE application fee?
Ans. Candidates have to pay Rs. 1150 using online mode. However, they have to pay Rs. 1200 in offline mode. Moreover, foreign candidates must pay $50 using credit cards.
Q.3 What details are available on admit card?
Аns. The admit card details include the candidate’s name, exam venue, signature, subject, etc.
Q.4 Whаt tо dо if there wоuld be аny errоr in the admit card?
Ans. If there wоuld be аny errоr in the VITEEE admit cards, then аsрirаnts must соntасt the concerned authority.
Q.5 Are the Viteee results declared?
Ans. No, VIT will declare the VITEEE results on June, 2022, after the completion of the examinations 2022.
Q.6 What can be my rank if I score between 75 to 80 marks in VITEEE?
Ans. As VITEEE results are out, candidates can check their results on the official website. However, each year the criteria to calculate the rank is the same.
Q.7 What is the last date to apply for VITEEE 2022?
Ans. Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) 2022 has released the application form on its official website. The last date to fill the application form is 30th May, 2022.