JNU CEEB (GAT-B) : Quick Overview
|Full-Form||Graduate Aptitude Test – Biotechnology|
|Previously known as||Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (JNU-CEEB)|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) – from 2020 onwards|
|University Admission Year||2021-22|
|Purpose||Admission to PG Biotechnology courses|
|Exam category||Entrance exam|
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Date||July 2021|
JNU CEEB – Basic Information :
|Courses||M.Tech , M.sc Engineering|
|Number of Attempts||1|
|Exam Conducting Body||JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi)|
JNU CEEB 2022 Application Form
Before filling the form the candidates are advised to check their eligibility for the exam. JNU CEEB 2022 Application Form details can be checked below in the given points:
JNU CEEB application form will be available on the JNU official website.
Multiple forms will lead to the rejection of the form.
- Applicants are advised to fill the form correctly with all the relevant information only to avoid rejection of the form.
- Must give the valid email address and contact details as all the related information will be sent via SMS and email.
- Applicants can opt for a maximum of 3 fields of study of their choice for the same level of the program for appearing in the Entrance exam.
- Upload the scanned copy of the mandatory documents in the prescribed format only.
After, filling in all the required details submit the fee to complete the form.
- The aspirants must get the printout of the filled form for further use.
JNU CEEB 2022 Application Fee
Get detailed information about the JNU CEEB 2022 Examination Fee below:
JNU CEEB 2022 Registration Fees
|General/OBC/EWS||Rs 1000/- + GST|
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Rs 500/- + GST|
|Foreign Nationals||Rs 2880/- + GST|
Modes of Payment
Online – Through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking.
Offline – Through e-challan
JNU CEEB 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check the JNU CEEB 2022 Eligibility for all Biotechnology courses below:
JNU CEEB 2021 Admission Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in education in Physical, Agricultural, Biological, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4- years B.Sc. (Physician Assistant Course).
Should have MBBS OR B.D.S. with at least 55% marks from a recognized board/university.
M.Sc. (Agriculture) in Biotechnology
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university in a relevant subject.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade from any recognized university in the concerned subjects.
Minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA (under grading system) from any recognized university in a relevant subject.
JNU CEEB 2022 Reservations
The admissions will be given as per the reservation policy of the Government of India. The reservation details are listed below in the given table.
Category-wise Seat reservations for JNU CEBB
JNU CEEB 2022 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check the JNU CEEB 2022 Exam Pattern below:
JNU CEEB 2022 Question Format
|Examination Mode||Online (CBT Mode)|
|Medium of Paper||English|
1, 2, 3, or 4 Marks for a correct response (weightage of each question may vary for the different program)
No negative marking for an incorrect response
The question paper for the Entrance Examination will be of 3-hours duration consisting of Two Streams.
- Technology and
- Life Sciences Stream.
JNU CEEB 2022 Syllabus
The candidates can check the JNU CEEB 2022 syllabus below:
JNU CEEB 2022 Syllabus for Basic Engineering and Technology, Pharmacology
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Principles of Biochemical Engineering
- Physiology, Pharmacology & Biochemistry
- Biologicals and Biopharmaceuticals
- Food Science and Technology
- Cell Culture Techniques
- Downstream Processing
JNU CEEB 2022 Syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Differential Equation
- Complex numbers
- Complex integration
- Power series
- Three Dimensional Geometry Algebra
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Analytical techniques in Biotechnology
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Modern Physics
JNU CEEB 2022 Syllabus for Fundamentals of Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, and Informatics
- Life Sciences
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Molecular Biology
- Chemistry and chemical equilibria
JNU CEEB 2022 Syllabus for Science Stream
- Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Molecular biology & recombinant DNA technology
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Information Sciences
- Computer Application
JNU CEEB 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check the Preparation Tips for JNU CEEB (GAT-B) 2022 in the points given below.
- Candidates must prepare with the help of the Syllabus provided above.
- All the candidates must prepare and plan their study timings and for this, they must check the Exam Pattern.
- Candidates shall take some ideas from the previous year’s question papers.
- They can practice by giving the Mock Test available.
- Candidates must concentrate on every unit given in the Syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- All the candidates must give equal time to all the Units.
NTA will issue the Hall Ticket to the candidates on a provisional basis who will successfully submit the Application Form. The candidates can check the JNU CEEB 2022 Admit Card details below.
- The admit card will be released on the official website of the competent authority.
- Candidates may please note that Admit Card will not be sent by post.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them on their Admit card.
- It is mandatory to carry the Admission Ticket to the exam hall as without it entry would not be possible.
- The candidates must carry the original ID proof like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Passport Size Photograph, etc. along with the Admit Card for verification purposes.
- On downloading the Hall Ticket the aspirants must check the details in it are correct.
- In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
JNU CEEB 2022 Answer Key
The NTA will display the Answer Key of the questions on the NTA website after the exam will get over.
- Appeared candidates will get an opportunity to challenge the Answer Key.
- The aspirants will have to pay Rs 1000/- per question as processing charges for challenging the answer key.
- The NTA will also display the recorded responses of all the candidates on its website before the declaration of the result.
JNU CEEB 2022 Result
NTA will disclose the result for CEEB after the answer key will be released. The JNU CEEB 2022 Result can be checked in its official website.
- For multi-shift papers, raw marks obtained by the candidates in different shifts/sessions will be converted to NTA Score (percentile).
- The candidates will be able to download their scorecard from the official website by entering their login credentials.
- The rank card/score cardholder must visit the concerned university’s/institute’s website for reconfirmation of eligibility conditions of admission.
- All the eligible candidates will have to fill the application form of individual University/Institute.
- The issuance of Rank/ Score Card does not guarantee admission in DBT supported PG Teaching Courses.
- Confirmation of admission is subject to fulfilment of required eligibility conditions/criteria set by concerned Universities/Institutes.
- Department of Biotechnology, GOI does not have any role and responsibility in the admission process after the declaration of GAT-B Result.
- Must note that the authority will not send the Rank card to the individuals via post.
- Must get the printout of it and keep it safe until the admission process gets over.
Selection of the candidates will be done by their inter-se merit drawn based on the JNU CEEB All India Entrance Examination.
- If the merit list is drawn more than double the number of candidates then the total intake only will be informed of their merit rank in the entrance examination.
- The candidates will also be informed about the total number of seats in each participating University.
- The applicants will be asked to pay an amount through online mode of Rs.5,000/- ( Rs.2,500/- in the case of SC, ST, PWD candidates) as an initial security deposit giving their willingness to be considered for admission to the participating Universities by their options for joining the universities.
While applying, students have to select the exam center that is most convenient for them. After the submission of the application form, JNU CEEB 2022 Admit Card will be issued which will hold all the important details regarding exam center.
Here are the few Preparation tips for JNU CEEB 2022 Exam,
- Familiarize yourself with the grading method. Also, know about the types of questions proposed by JNU CEEB Exam.
- Have a strategy. Start devoting yourself to the syllabus and investing your time in self-study.
- Planning is the most important part of preparation. Plan how you are going to approach your syllabus for time management. Do your own analysis, and clearly prepare accordingly.
- The internet and referred books are the pool of solved papers. Take relevance from previous year’s question papers and solve them.
- Attempt mock papers throughout the preparation. Always set an target for yourself. Subsequently, you will see the evident growth and the areas of your downfall.
- Know your weapons. For instance, know what you should avoid and what you should focus on. Most of the time irrelevant material wastes our time. Be aware of the books you need to refer to. Refer to all the recommended books here.
- Above all, stay calm and don’t panic during preparation.
- Based on JNU CEEB Results you will be posted for the required job.
JNU CEEB Exam FAQ’s:
JNU CEEB 2022
Question 1: What is the exact exam commencement date?
A: The exam-conducting authority will conduct the exam in July 2021. The exact date is yet to be announced.
Question 2: What is the mode of the exam?
A: It will be conducted in CBT mode. The medium of the exam would be English.
Question 3: Can a student prepare for the exam in just two months?
A: It is tough. Students need to mug up the syllabus, which would generally consist of Class 12th syllabus (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and graduation level syllabus. For candidates who have studied well in the XII Standard, it will be easier for them to ace the exam easily.
Question 4: When will the result be declared?
A: The date for the GAT-B result 2021 will be announced in August 2021.
Question 5: I will be appearing in the final year exam in 2021. Am I eligible to sit in the test?
A: Yes, you can appear in the test if you have taken one of the following subjects – Medicine (in MBBS/ BDS) or BDS, Biology, Agriculture, Fishery Science, Pharmacy, Engineering/ Technology or B.Sc in Physics Assistant course.
JNU CEEB 2022
Question 6: What are the documents required to complete the counselling process?
A: GAT-B scorecard 2021, Matriculation certificate, 10+2 certificate, Characters certificate from college/ university or the last attended institute, Persons with Disabilities need to produce a medical certificate (not less than 40%), Reserved category certificate if applicable and Migration certification from college/ university.
Question 7: What are the courses that one can opt for after clearing the GAT-B exam?
A: M.Tech., M.Sc., M.Sc – Agri, and M.Sc. in Biotechnology.
Question 8: Has the application process reopened?
A: The application process has reopened in 2020. It is not necessary that it will open in 2021.
Question 9: Is there negative marking in the exam?
A: Yes, there will be negative marking. 1/2 mark will be deducted for incorrect response in Part-A and 1 mark for Part-B.
Question 10: What will be the duration of the exam?
A: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours (180 minutes).