Doing an MBA itself is a big enough deal and that can get you a great package too, but if you wish you can add these short courses after MBA finance to your list. Jobs after MBA finance are quite competitive and these short-term courses after MBA finance can help you get a better start in your career.
Before we discuss the short-term courses after MBA finance let’s understand a few things about MBA Finance.
An MBA in finance is one of the most opted specializations in this postgraduate degree. The students here are exposed to managerial decision making, analytical thinking, coordination process, estimating profits and losses of a company or Industry, following a centralized approach.
It helps students who seek good MBA finance jobs to develop excellent mathematical, logical, and analytical skills in the duration of their program, which helps them to easily understand subjects like Accounts and Economics because now you can co-relate with the problems in practical scenarios.
MBA in Finance focuses on maintaining the budget of a company, investments, and security, factors of production, and working capital.
Masters in Business Administration, in Finance stream, provides knowledge on management, investment, control and reviewing of collection, and resources of money. This program, MBA in Finance, exposes students to various opportunities in the financial world. This allows an aspirant to embark on their journey in the finance sector by learning how to analyze the company’s forecast economic trends, reports, balance risk, and profitability, maximize the stock values, and also investment portfolio management.
Doing an MBA itself is a big enough deal and that can get you a great package too, but if you wish you can add these short courses to your list. Jobs after MBA finance are quite competitive and these short-term courses after MBA finance can help you get a better start in your career. Before seeking any MBA finance jobs this can turn out to be a great option for you:
This is a course that is linked to financial planning that includes insurance planning, investment planning, tax planning, and retirement planning. A good option for jobs after MBA finance.
There are two options to do this course, one is regular status and the second is challenge status, out of which, the students who are already in MBA Finance, go for regular status and pass-outs tend to go for challenge status.
The candidates need to clear the five exams to get a certification, and the examination is conducted three times a year. Must pass class 12th too.
This job-oriented course after MBA is a bit tougher than the regular pathway as candidates have to clear all 5 examinations through UPSC to be eligible for challenge status.
The certification includes 5 exams for 6 modules. Which are-
• Module 1- Introducing Financial Planning
• Module 2- Insurance planning and risk analysis
• Module 3- Employee Benefits and Retirement planning
• Module 4- Investment Planning
• Module 5- Tax and estate planning
• Module 6- Financial planning (advanced)
Fee details for Regular Status Pathway
Student Registration Fees with FPSB India Rs 16, 385 (valid for one year)
Exam Fees for paper 1 to 4 Rs 4,130 per exam per attempt
Exam Fees for paper 5 Rs 8,260 per attempt
CFPCM Certification Fees Rs 7,080 (renewed annually)
Fee Details for Challenge Status Pathway
Mode of enrolment Fees Description
FPSB India (Direct) Rs 29,955 Registration fees (valid for one year), certification fees, and administration & processing fees.
Through Charter Members of FPSB India Rs 15,795 Registration fees which are valid for 1 year, initial CFP certification fees, processing, and administration fees.
Visit https://india.fpsb.org/ for further information about the certification and registration.
This is one of the best courses after MBA finance as it opens great opportunities for you.
This short-term course after MBA finance can be done parallel to the MBA. This course is spread across 3 levels. As this course requires extensive experience of 4 years, an MBA graduate can’t clear all three levels. Anyhow, the first level of this course has nothing to do with experience and it is an excellent course to do in finance after MBA.
As a practicing investment professional, you need the proper expertise and skill to succeed in this industry.
• It adds value to the ever-evolving industry.
• It holds relevance in a variety of career paths.
• It helps to demonstrate your skills with respect to your expansive knowledge.
Depending on your caliber these 3 exams can be completed within 1.5- 4 years.
Registration for the three exams for this professional course in finance after MBA can be done by following these steps to get good MBA finance job options:
• Create an account on the CFA Institute website (https://www.cfainstitute.org/) and prove them the required relevant information.
• If you are eligible for a scholarship, you are requested to register much earlier.
• If you don’t have a scholarship, your next step would be to pay through a credit/debit card and the amount would be based on what you chose to register for.
• There would be 3 registration fee deadlines mentioned on the website.
• If you are registering for the CFA level 1 exam for the very first time then you have to pay Rs 34,200 as a deposit.
• You have to read and accept the agreement
• You have to submit a Professional Conduct Statement for the first exam and then annually.
• It is a very similar process compared to the Level 1 registration.
• Fill the registration form on the official website and provide the necessary details.
• Select your suitable eligibility criteria and fill your employer, employer location, education, and profession.
• Read and accept the agreement
• Choose the format of the CFA study material you want.
• Pay the fee via credit/debit card.
This certification course in finance after MBA offers an inexpensive and valuable certification after completion. The course has three levels which include foundation, intermediate, and advanced.
The way to achieve this certificate is very straightforward. You would have to download a pdf, read and understand the given contents, give an exam, then pass it, and you will get the certificate.
• Financial Markets: Beginner’s Module
• Mutual Funds: Beginner’s Module
• Currency Derivatives: Beginner’s Module
• Equity Derivatives: Beginner’s Module
• Interest Rate Derivatives: Beginner’s Module
• Commercial Banking in India: A Beginner’s Module
• FIMMDA-NSE Debt Market Module (Basic)
• Securities Market Module (Basic)
• Clearing Settlement Module and Risk Management
• International Banking Fundamentals
• International Capital Markets Fundamentals
• CMDM – Capital Market Dealers Module
• DMDM – Derivatives Market Dealers Module
• Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis
• Fundamental Analysis Module
• Module for Options Trading Strategies
• Operations Risk Management (ORM) Module
• Banking Sector Module
• Treasury Management Module
• Insurance Module
• Macroeconomics in Financial Markets Module
• NSDL-Depository Operations Module
• Commodities Market Module
• Surveillance of Stock Exchanges Module
• Technical Analysis Module
• Mergers & Acquisitions Module
• Back Office Operations Module
• Wealth Management Module
• Project Finance Module
• Private Equity and Venture Capital Module
• Financial Services Foundation
• Quality Analyst Module – NSE Certified
• Information Security Services Professionals
• Algorithmic Trading Module
• Financial Markets Module – Advanced
• Securities Market Module – Advanced
• Derivatives Module – Advanced
• Mutual Funds Module – Advanced
• Options Trading Module – Advanced
• Examinations for Financial Planning Standards Board Limited.
• Equity Research and Financial Modelling
• Issue Management Module
• Market Risk Module
• Financial Modeling Course
• Business Analytics Module
• International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
The certificate for this professional course in Finance after MBA is as follows-
A) NCDP – Academy of NSE Certified Derivatives Pro
You will receive certification after passing the NCFM Equity Derivatives:
That includes a Beginners’ Module, Derivatives Market Dealers Module, and Options Trading Strategies Module.
B) NCDC – Academy of NSE Certified Derivatives Champion
You will receive certification after passing NCFM Equity Derivatives: That includes a Beginners’ Module, Derivatives Market Dealers Module, and Options Trading Strategies Module also Option Trading Advanced Module.
C) NCIAP – Academy of NSE Certified Investment Analyst Pro
You will receive certification after passing the Portfolio Management and NCFM Investment Analysis Module, Technical Analysis Module, and the Fundamental Analysis Module.
D) NCIAC – Academy of NSE Certified Investment Analyst Champion
You will receive certification after passing the NCFM Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis Module, Fundamental Analysis Module, Technical Analysis Module, and Wealth Management Module.
Many MBA graduates pursue this course after MBA finance.
Visit this website for further clarification and registration https://www1.nseindia.com/education/content/online_courses.htm
The job description and responsibilities of this professional course after MBA finance would be of a company’s secretary that involves managing legal records, and keeping track of public issues, also maintaining acquisitions and merger activities. This course after MBA finance offers a very reputed job profile and the best part is that the job can also be done part-time. Not only this course adds great value to your CV, but this course itself is entirely job-oriented.
It is a very lucrative career and you can get paid between Rs.8 to Rs.11.5 lakh as a CS.
This job-oriented course after MBA can be done by following these steps:
• You have to undergo a 3-year CS course in order to become a certified Company Secretary. Therefore you would have to register at the ISCI website – Institute Company Secretaries of India, which is the professional statutory body of India that regulates CS as a profession.
• Candidates who have successfully completed their Higher Secondary school and obtained a Certificate of 10+2 from any recognized educational board or any of its equivalents like CBSE and ICSE are considered eligible for higher studies as a CS.
• Also the professionals from Chartered Accountancy, graduates holding a B.Com degree (Bachelor of Commerce) and M.Com degree (Masters of Commerce) can also become CS if they pass all exams conducted by ICSI.
• Students who had successfully passed XAT, NMAT, CAT, GMAT, SNAT, ATMA, and MH-CET can get an exemption from the Foundation Course which is subject to ISCI’s prior approval.
This course after MBA finance requires you to give certain exams and focus on these stepping-stones:
1. Foundation Course
Applicants have to first complete HSC and then give these exams.
• Paper-1: Business environment & law
• Paper- 2: Business Management, Entrepreneurship & ethics
• Paper- 3: Business Economics
• Paper- 4: Fundamentals of Accounting & auditing.
2. Executive Programme
There are personal interviews and group discussions, then students have to go through these to secure good MBA finance jobs.
• Company Law
• Costing & management accounting
• Economic & commercial law
• Tax laws & practices
• Company accounts & auditing practices
• Capital markets & securities laws
• Industrial, general, labor laws
3. Professional Programme
This is the final stage of studies for a career in CS, a respected MBA finance job.
• Advanced company law & practice
• compliance management, Secretarial audit & due diligence
• valuation, Corporate restructuring & insolvency
• systems audit & Information technology
• Foreign exchange management & Financial treasury
• Governance, ethics and sustainability
• Advanced tax laws practices
• Drafting, pleadings, and appearances.
• 3rd subject is to be selected from the electives that include: capital, commodity, banking laws, and practices, money market, Intellectual Property Rights – laws and practices, insurance laws and practices, international business laws and practices.
For further information and registration go to https://www.icsi.edu/home/
If you plan to settle in India, the only thing you need are the Flip certifications. Many courses and training programs that are focussed on the Indian industry are offered here. Everything about the financial market is covered in these sessions. The certification doesn’t only make your CV masterly, but it also transforms you into someone who capable enough to handle everything at the workplace. These courses are available online, and with appropriate talent and skills, you can complete as soon as you want.
• Leading professional employability enhancement firms offer a FLIP certification which requires dealing with banking and also financial services.
• An organized venture of senior IIM-Lucknow alumni and the institute provides candidates training via e-learning to achieve certification that is relevant and practical to the work that you are supposed to carry out in a bank or financial institution.
• The FLIP certification is considered to be a platform towards the real world of banking and finance. It is written by practitioners who are IIM Alumni having years of BFS experience, this certification will endow candidates with immense knowledge that can be utilized in the field of finance and banking.
• To achieve a FLIP certification, you need to take the FLIP certification exam. The exam can take place at any of the 64 examination centers in India. Soon after that students would get a recognized certification, which leading industry players will endorse. Players such as Dhanlaxmi Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Kotak Bank, India Infoline, and Axis MF.
If you want to know what to do after MBA finance, then this is the perfect course that can globally certify you as a risk manager. Even though the course is a bit expensive, you should just go for it if you are sure about risk management is the ideal choice for you. The certification will make you eligible for a number of job roles like Risk Management, Risk Assessment, Asset Liability Management, and Financial Risk Consultant.
The process of acquiring certification for FRM to get a good job after MBA finance is:
• FRM exam part 1
• FRM exam part 2
• Two years of work experience in a relevant field
• You can register by visiting GARP’s website – www.garp.org
A few job positions include Senior Risk Analyst, Chief Risk Officer, Head of Operational Risk, Investment Risk Management, and Director. Major sectors employing candidates who have acquired FRM certification and are looking for MBA finance jobs are-
• Hedge funds
• Insurance firms
• Credit agencies
• Government and regulatory agencies
• Risk and technology vendors
• Investment banks
• Asset management firms
• Corporations and non-financial corporations
• Consulting firms
The job profile of an actuary is a bit similar to that of risk management. The responsibilities of these professionals are keeping track of the impacts of various uncertainties and risks on the business. Your job actually would be to understand the outcomes and to prevent them from becoming negative.
Actuaries gather data to analyze it for estimating the probability and the likely cost of events that might take places, such as death, injury, illness, disability, and loss of property. Then their job is to create policies that help reduce the cost of these coming risks.
To become an actuary you have to go through these stepping-stones for a career in MBA finance:
1. An Undergraduate Degree is required
The most straight forward educational path is a 3year undergrad degree in Actuarial sciences. Another basic approach is to complete a 3-4 year bachelor’s degree in commerce or economics. Prospective actuaries have the option to also choose a seemingly unrelated major like art or engineering, as employers tend to care more about the completed exams rather than the degree major.
2. Complete other Additional Courses
Students who are completing a degree in a completely unrelated field will have to complement their undergrad career with statistics and business courses. All prospective actuaries should learn computer languages as they will benefit from learning SQL, C++, and VBA. Arts students need to take some actuarial mathematics courses.
3. Apply for a Professional Body & Pass the Certification Exams
When you are in the senior-most year of your undergraduate program, you can apply for membership in a professional actuarial body. After that, you can start your certification process by pursuing their courses and passing the exams. If you are heading for an actuary career, you should focus on taking at least one or two of the exams, which you are required to complete before your graduation.
To register for an actuary certificate, you can visit here.
THE OTHER JOB ORIENTED COURSES AFTER MBA AND PROFESSIONAL COURSES AFTER MBA FINANCE ARE
The alternative investment industry is your career destination when you go for this course after MBA in Finance. The course provides you with demonstrated skills, extensive knowledge, and a global certification after completing this course. The fee is very high, and you need to work very hard to clear the examination. The course afterward offers a high standard job and to get that job, high standard knowledge is necessary. It is a good option to get a job after an MBA in finance.
As Tools and software are changing every business from the inside, the finance industry also isn’t an exception. The trading sector and its tools are emerging as the new thing. Knowledge about algorithm trading will make you stand apart compared to a large number of MBA finance applicants. There are several job opportunities after this professional course in finance after MBA with a very interesting job profile offering quite a handsome package.
This professional course in Finance after MBA offers a certification that can get you secure a job in Quant trading quant IT, derivatives, risk management, and insurance. It doesn’t matter that it’s been only a few years since you completed your MBA, the path to becoming a quant professional is open for you at any age. This is considered a practical certification course to get a good job after MBA finance.
If you still think none of these options are where your interests lie, you can always turn to education as a career option. The world will never be in shortage of good teachers who are willing to educate the next generation
Chegg is an education-based company, the main aim is to help students build their careers. It is one of the best options of the online earning website for students, professionals whoever has expertise in any of the subject matters like Accounts. Psychology, Computer Science, and many more.