Here are 5 Simple Steps for Career PlanNovember 5, 2020
14 Part Time Online Jobs without Investment in 2020November 6, 2020
Top 20 Trending Entrance Exams after Graduation
Are you a Graduate?
Then what are the entrance exam after graduation, you are planning?
Or what are the competitive exams after graduation for jobs you should go for?
Well here is a small list of entrance exam after graduation along with the list of competitive exams in India:
- Common Admission Test (CAT) – Common Admission Test or CAT is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for the students who want to study MBA/ PGDM in India. You need to score a minimum of 50% marks in Graduation. This is the most important entrance exam after graduation in India if you want to pursue MBA from top b-schools.
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) – Management Aptitude Test or MAT is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) for the students who want to study MBA/ PGDM from India. You need to pass graduation to sit for MAT. If you can’t clear CAT then MAT is the second-best entrance exam after graduation for you.
- Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) –Graduate Management Aptitude Test or GMAT is conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) for the students who wish to study MBA/PGDM abroad. To sit for the exam you need to have a degree from a reputed university. If you want to pursue your career from abroad this entrance exam after graduation is the best option.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) – Graduate Record Examinations or GRE is conducted by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) for the graduates seeking admission in various business schools abroad. This entrance exam after graduation is the second-best option for you if you really want to study abroad.
- Common Proficiency Test(CPT) – Common Proficiency Test or CPT is conducted by the Council of the Institute Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). If you want to pursue a career in Accountancy then this entrance exam after graduation will help you to become a Chartered Accountant in India.
- National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) PG – The National Eligibility- cum- Entrance Test (NEET) PG is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) for the students who wish to pursue postgraduate medical courses like MD (Doctor of Medicine), MS (Master in Surgery), Post Graduation Diploma in India. If you want to become a Doctor, NEET PG is the best entrance exam after graduation that you must apply for.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and the Indian Institute of Technology. It is the entrance exam after graduation, for the students who want to pursue M.Tech and ME.
- Joint Admission Test (IIT JAM) – Joint Admission Test or IIT JAM is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science. It is the entrance exam after graduation, for admission to M.Sc and M.Sc.-Ph.D. integrated program. JAM is conducted in seven subjects:
- Biological sciences
- Mathematical statistics
- Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) – Common Law Admission Test or CLAT is conducted by the National Law Universities for the students who want to pursue Master of LAW (LLM). To sit in the exam you need to have a bachelor degree of LAW.
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT) – The law school admission test (LSAT) is a worldwide Level law entrance exam. You can sit for the entrance exam after graduation, for pursuing law either from India or from abroad.
- IESE/ ISSE – Indian Economic Service Exam (IESE)/ Indian Statistical Service Exam (ISSE) are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for hiring Economists and Statistics for the executive branches of the Indian Government. You should be of Economics or Statistical background for which you need to have a graduation degree in Economics or Statistics.
- CDSE – One of the competitive exams conducted by UPSC is Combined Defence Services exam or CDSE, which is a joint military exam for recruiting candidates under different Academies of Indian Army – Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Indian Air Force (IAF), and Officers Training Academy (OTA). CDS is the best entry for aspirants who want to join Indian Armed forces after graduation.
- UPSC CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION- UPSC Civil Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of suitable candidates to the various posts such as:
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- For Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
- Indian Police Service (IPS).
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service (IP&TAFS).
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS).
- For Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS).
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS).
- For Indian Revenue Service (IRS-IT).
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS-C&CE).
- Indian Trade Service (ITrS).
- Railway Protection Force (RPF).
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS).
- For Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS).
- Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS).
- Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS).
- For Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES).
- Indian Information Service (IIS).
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS).
- For Indian Postal Service (IPoS).
UPSC exam is divided in to three stages- PRE, MAIN and INTERVIEW. You need to be a graduate to sit for the UPSC exam. It is one of the best competitive exams in India that you should aim for.
- RBI Grade B Examination – RBI Grade B Examination is conducted by Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Even if it is Grade B, the pay scale and job profile offered by RBI is what you go for. You will be responsible for Currency Issue and circulation, Ensuring Nation’s Financial Stability, Management of Government accounts, etc. You can be posted in its various branches all over country. You need to score a minimum of 60% marks in Graduation. The exam is divided in to 3 stages: PRE, MAIN, and INTERVIEW. It is one of the high class competitive exams after graduation for jobs.
- SBI PO – One of the competitive exams conducted by the State Bank of India (SBI) is the PO Exam for Probationary Officers. You need to pass graduation to sit in the exam. You will be on probation for two years and after continuous assessment during the probation period you may be promoted in a higher rank where you will be taking care of Administrative tasks, General banking, and Marketing and cross-selling of other products.
- IBPS PO- One of the competitive exams conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS- an autonomous agency which operates as a Personnel Selection body for Nationalized & Regional Rural Banks in India) is the PO Exam for Probationary Officers. You need to pass graduation to sit in the exam. You will be on probation for two years and after continuous assessment during the probation period you may be promoted in a higher rank where you will be taking care of Administrative tasks, General banking, and Marketing and cross-selling of other products.
- SSC CGL – Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL) Examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of Class 1 and Class 2 officers in various departments and ministries of Government of India. After selection you will be working as an Examiner, Excise Inspector, Auditor, tax officer, audit officer, food inspector etc. It is one of the competitive exams after graduation for jobs in different posts.
- TET- Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Examination is one of the competitive exams in India conducted by Central Government and States to shortlist candidates to be a teacher. TET will provide certification to you so that you can apply for the post of Teacher in Government Schools/Colleges all over India. You need to have 50% marks in graduation to sit for the examination.
- Railway Entrance Exams– Indian Railways Examination is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) for the recruitment of suitable candidates to the Non-Technical and Technical posts. You need to be a graduate to sit for the examination. You can get a job posting anywhere in India. It is one of the entrance exams after graduation for jobs in India, which the students really look up-to.
- LIC AAO- LIC AAO Examination is conducted by Life Insurance Corporation for the recruitment of suitable candidates to the post of Assistant Administrator Officer. Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) is very responsible and respected in the insurance sector. Your work will be mainly administrative and have to deal with face to face interactions with customers.
You may also like to read
Do you want to earn money while preparing for one of the above Competitive exams or after being a postgraduate student?
Well here are some of the ways:
- Freelancing– Freelancing means that you become self-employed and work for other firms/ individuals on a contract basis. You can do some of the freelancing work sitting back at home like giving consultancy support with your expertise in that domain. You can earn a handsome amount of money by doing only freelancing. You will also gain experience about the work by doing freelancing, because you will be doing the same work as an employee does but independently. You never know, if your work is good, it will help you create more work for yourself which in return may help you earn your living.
- Youtuber– You can become a Youtuber by posting self made videos on which ever field you find interest or on the exam you are preparing and give solutions to problems on Youtube. You can spread your knowledge to millions of students through Youtube, which is free. The main twist is that you will be paid by Youtube if you can drive a certain number of viewers/views for you channel. There is a huge scope in this because there is a huge demand of tutorial videos online. You may also try for some other platforms similar to YouTube. A new thing that is trending nowadays along with youtube is a podcast. The podcast is the modified version of radio, which is available on the internet.
- Tutor– You can just sit back home and become a private tutor for the subject which you have studied in graduation or for the entrance exam which you have already passed with good marks, both Offline and Online if you are really interested in teaching. Chegg India is offering online tutoring platform for you to teach and earn online without any investment. You can also join Chegg India as a Subject Matter Expert to answer academic questions asked by students on their Question & answer board. You get paid for each question you answer but on a monthly basis. In this way, you can definitely earn a handsome amount of money through Chegg India just by sitting back at home and doing part-time teaching. You will find all types of subjects available in Chegg so that everyone can take apart and earn through it. You need to give tests (maximum 2 attempts) on the subject you choose and pass with 60% marks. After passing the subject test you will also need to give and pass (with 80% marks) the guidelines test (maximum 3 attempts) after reading the guidelines. So finally after all these, you can finally enrol yourself as a subject matter expert.
- Part-time Jobs– You can join in as an administrator or some other role in the back office for new companies/start-ups that cannot afford to employ full-time workers. There are different types of back-office work you can opt for. You will get the experience of office work through part-time jobs.
- Blogger/ Content Writer- You can become a part-time blogger with your own website where you can write, post videos etc on the subject you are interested in or on the entrance exam you passed out. You need to write very good contents and give updated information about the topic you are choosing because viewers like to get the latest information. You can also answer the questions of the students through your web-page. Becoming a blogger/ content writer helps you to gather traffic which is a very good way of earning money.
To conclude I would suggest you to introspect and identify the best skills in yourself first which are not cultured and nourished much. It’s high time when you should spend on yourself before you move ahead with the next assignment in life. Sit…Think…See Pros and Cons, then you can prepare yourself for the competitive exams. I have given the list of entrance exams after graduation and the list of competitive exams in India which are the top-ranked exams which students opt for. The smart way of working is the new cool in life and you should focus on the entrance exam which is best for you.